TV Producer Jonathan Prince, Clorox Team for 'Supermoms' Web Series
RedLever Studios is also a partner in the live action and animated series for the consumer products firm.
NEW YORK - A new branded entertainment campaign for consumer products giant The Clorox Co. is looking to reach American moms by tapping into the superhero craze.
TV producer Jonathan Prince (American Dreams, Cane, The Cleaner) and RedLever Studios said Tuesday that they have partnered to produce a live action and animated Web series called Supermoms, which will be presented by Clorox.
The series, which is currently in post-production and is directed by Michael Barnett (HBO documentary Superheroes), will encompass eight webisodes and focuses on four mothers who are also super heroes who fight their arch-enemy Dr. Deconstructo.
The moms bounce between their real identities and their animated alter egos. Along the way, they share life lessons and solve domestic issues with help from Clorox products, such as Clorox Liquid Bleach, Clorox Clean-Up, Glad Trash Bags and Fresh Step Cat litter.
The cast of Supermoms includes Brennan Hesser, Joey Lauren Adams, Julie Warner, Lourdes Benedicto, Tabitha Morella, Tim Rock, K Callan, Hank Baskett, Jacob Hopkins, Caitlin Carmichael, Jake Borelli, Patrick Fabian and Larry Poindexter.
“Our collaboration with Jonathan Prince is focused on creating an entertainment property that will capture the imaginations of online audiences while seamlessly integrating Clorox product messages,” said Richard Shore, president of RedLever Studios.
“Whether one creates content for Web, television or the big screen, story and character are what drives loyal, passionate viewership," said Prince. "Clorox 'gets' that and has encouraged us to do what it takes to create that kind of “'ean-forward,' engaging program.”
RedLever said it will distribute the Web series to millions of viewers in the U.S.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'