TV Review: ‘Lights Out’
A virtuoso lead performance and lack of cliches make FX’s boxing drama instantly compelling.
The allure of the boxing film goes back generations. But though some have been cheesy box-office hits, some have been gritty stories of redemption, and some — going way back — have tapped into the noirish aspects of the boxing subculture, there hasn’t been much of a battle cry to put such a story on television.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR