TV Women's Water-Cooler Moments
It started in the '70s, when ERA still had a chance in hell.
Not to undercut the accomplishments of real-life feminists such as Betty Friedan, Bella Abzug or Gloria Steinem, but Mary Tyler Moore, that reluctant TV icon of female independence, along with other important characters stirred conversation about progress (or the lack thereof) and helped usher in a post-June Cleaver world.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR