TV's No. 1 Hit Heads to Court Sports
How a mega-lawsuit by players over NFL head traumas could jeopardize broadcasting's $50 billion business.
As a business, professional football has never been stronger. After resolving last year's labor impasse, the NFL signed new TV deals that will reap the league about $50 billion by 2022. NBC's Sunday Night Football edged American Idol as the top-rated broadcast of the just-concluded TV season, and advertisers salivate over the DVR-proof nature of America's most popular sport.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR