TV's Pushy Mom Moment
"Dance Moms" has propelled ratings up and the age of viewers down at Lifetime as star Abby Lee Miller passes judgment -- just like you! -- on all the mama drama.
It's 4 p.m. on July 13, and after a day of intense rehearsals, the young dancers of Lifetime's reality series Dance Moms are dirty, bruised and drained, a stark contrast to their usual makeup-caked faces and often provocative glitzy costumes. Sequestered in one corner of the low-budget dance space in Burbank, Calif., the show's five stage moms are on their best behavior, save for occasional gasps during a complicated tumble sequence. But that can't erase from recent memory the usual antics of this pack of maternal she-wolves, among whom catfights, insults and shriek fests are as common as their daughters' BeDazzled clothing. There was one incident earlier this year where one mom, Christi Lukasiak, allegedly attempted to choke the instructor of a competing dance team.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR