'Twenty Feet From Stardom' Singers to Perform Rose Bowl National Anthem
Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Judith Hill and Darlene Love will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the Jan. 1 game.
The Rose Bowl national anthem is set to be performed by four singers featured in the doc Twenty Feet From Stardom, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival last January.
Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Judith Hill and Darlene Love will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the Pasadena football event on Wednesday, Jan. 1, announced The Weinstein Co.'s Radius label, which acquired the doc.
The documentary, directed by Morgan Neville, spotlights the background singers who supported iconic acts like Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Rolling Stones and Sting, among many others. The title, which was released theatrically in June, also opened the Nantucket Film Festival the same month.
Clayton had recorded vocals for the Stones' "Gimme Shelter," Fischer toured with the Stones and Nine Inch Nails, Hill backed Michael Jackson and Love's vocals have been heard alongside Elvis Presley and Marvin Gaye. The singers' contributions also were included in a soundtrack for the doc released by Columbia Records.
The film was shortlisted for the 2014 best feature documentary Oscar.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR