'Twilight' alum joins John Wells drama
Rachelle Lefevre cast as a lead on CBS medical project
"Twilight" alumna Rachelle Lefevre has been tapped as a lead in John Wells' untitled ensemble medical drama for CBS.
The medical drama, from Warner Bros. TV and John Wells Prods., centers on a mobile medical team that travels the U.S. helping those in need get through life-or-death medical crises.
Lefevre will play a confident young doctor more comfortable in the field than in the office.
The project brings the actress back to CBS, where she co-starred on the drama series "Swingtown."
Lefevre is best known for her role as Victoria in the first two "Twilight" movies.
Meanwhile, Carrie Wiita ("Reno 911!"), repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul and Omnipop, and Andrea Savage ("Dinner for Schmucks") round out the cast of NBC's comedy pilot "The Strip."
"The Strip," from "Reno 911" masterminds Tom Lennon and Ben Garant, UMS and Principato-Young, stars Lennon as a former child star turned Hooters-style bar owner on the outskirts of Las Vegas.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'