Box Office Report: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Earns $30.4 Million in Thursday Night Runs
The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise rolled out in North America at 10 p.m. Thursday.
Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2 grossed a strong $30.4 million in Thursday night and midnight runs at the domestic box office, marking a healthy start for the final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise.
Breaking Dawn 2 narrowly set a midnight record for the franchise, coming in just ahead of the $30.3 million earned last year by The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 1.
"The movie is off to a fantastic start," a spokesman for Summit said.
Breaking Dawn 2, directed by Bill Condon, has already earned $13.8 million overseas.
Returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the title roles, the movie is opening in 61 foreign markets this weekend.
Box office observers believe Breaking Dawn 2 could hit $150 million in North America, a franchise best. The Twilight Saga: New Moon holds the record with $142.8 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR