Director Bill Condon Confirms 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2' Reshoots
The helmer revealed via Facebook that stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson will film additional scenes for the Nov. 16 release.
Bill Condon, the director hard at work completing his follow-up to the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, posted on the film's official Facebook page Saturday to update fans on the progress of the anticipated series finale.
In his post, Condon revealed he and series stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson would return to Vancouver, British Columbia, where filming wrapped last year, to get a few additional shots.
Condon said the shots would not include any dialogue, and would be technical in nature. But, he added, Stewart and Pattinson would indeed “pop in those gold contacts one last time.”
It's not surprising Condon is planning reshoots for Breaking Dawn Part 2, as it's quite common for directors to reassemble castmembers for additional continuity shots, especially on large franchise films.
Read Condon’s full post below:
Greetings from Los Angeles, where we’re hard at work on BREAKING DAWN, PART TWO. It’s truly crazy to think that it’s been a year since we wrapped production in Vancouver, since for those of us in the editing room the work has never stopped.
A film is a lot like a puzzle, with each piece – each shot, no matter how brief – needing to fit exactly with the ones around it. Our Part Two puzzle is finally coming into full view, and in a few weeks we’ll be heading back north to pick up some additional shots – the last tiny missing pieces. We’re not shooting any new scenes or dialogue, just some technical work with some of our cast and stunt actors.
I am really looking forward to being back on set with some of the friends I’ve made on my Twilight journey, like the great Guillermo Navarro, our cinematographer, and his crew. And yes, Rob and Kristen will be there too, to pop in those gold contacts one last time…
I’m excited to report that before too long we’ll have another trailer for you to decode. And wait until you see the first posters — they’re unlike any “Twilight” images you’ve seen before. And then November 16th will be upon us and the final film will be yours!
Until then, have a very happy spring, and I’ll check back in with you soon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game