'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2' Teaser Debuting With 'Hunger Games'
Summit and Lionsgate make a play for two passionate fan groups by screening the final vampire film's first trailer alongside the anticipated new franchise.
Get ready for even bigger lines.
After news of record advance ticket sales for Lionsgate's The Hunger Games, Summit Entertainment said Thursday that the film's March 23 premiere also will be the first place to see the trailer for the final installment in its Twilight series.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 will screen a teaser ahead of every showing of Hunger Games, with the full version debuting online the Monday after the opening weekend.
A tease of the teaser will the Internet in the early hours of March 20.
The move marks a bit of a torch passing from the wildly successful vampire franchise, which ends its five-film run in November, to the highly anticipated launch of Hunger Games' cinematic adaptations. The two properties are contributing to the communal pot after Lionsgate's recent acquisition of Summit.
The final Twilight film hits theaters Nov. 16. Breaking Dawn Part 1 topped than $700 million at the worldwide box office.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR