'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' Soundtrack Music Video Premieres (Video)
Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" becomes the first song from the upcoming film to debut a music video.
Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" became the first song off of the soundtrack for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 to premiere a video on Wednesday.
The video shows Perri holding a candle and singing the emotional love song. It is intercut with clips from the film, including images of the wedding invitations and scenes from the wedding itself.
“One step closer,” sings Perri as Bella (Kristen Stewart) walks down the aisle.
“I have loved you for a thousand years. I will love you for a thousand more,” sings Perri. The video was directed by Jay Martin, who also directed Perri’s breakthrough hit “Jar of Hearts.”
Perri, who told The Hollywood Reporter that she’s a big fan of the series, says she was inspired to write the song “A Thousand Years” after screening an early version of Breaking Dawn. “I cried the whole time, then I went home and wrote the song about Edward and Bella and their love affair. It's probably the most romantic, lovey-dovey song I've ever written.”
Originally, Perri’s song was to be the second single off the soundtrack, with Bruno Mars’ "It Will Rain” making its debut in the first slot. However, the singer announced on Twitter that he was still working on his video. Perri’s video, which was first slated for a Nov. 10 debut, was moved up to Sept. 26.
Perri will be part of a unique promotional tour that will feature select members of the Cullen clan, including Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed and Jackson Rathbone, as well as performances from musicians featured on the soundtrack.
The tour, which runs Nov. 7-11, will hit five U.S. cities, kicking off in Atlanta and traveling to concert venues in Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco and Salt Lake City.
Perri is slated to play three dates on the tour, which will perform one week before The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 opens nationally on Nov. 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws