'Twilight Saga: Eclipse' tickets on sale Thurs.
Tickets for Summit Entertainment's "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" go on sale at midnight Thursday at a pair of online-ticketing sites.
Fandango and MovieTickets each will offer advance ticketing of the vampire-romance three-quel, which hits multiplexes nationwide June 30. The offering of tickets six weeks before the pic's release follows a similar early ticketing gambit by Warner Bros. with May 27 opener "Sex and the City 2."
Websites operated by major theater chains also will link to Fandango and MovieTickets, but boxoffice ticketing for "Eclipse" won't be offered until closer to the pic's opening.
Fandango asked 14,000 respondents to name the summer pic they were most looking forward to, and 36% picked "Eclipse."
"The latest trailer has gotten great buzz among the fan sites as there's clearly a lot more fast-paced action this time around," Fandango spokesman Harry Medved said. "There's also great curiosity about seeing some of 'The Twilight Saga's' new characters coming to life on the big screen for the first time."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR