'Twilight's' Kiowa Gordon in Canadian Indie 'Lesser Blessed'
Writer/director Anita Doron's coming-of-age theatrical film has also added Chloe Rose and Tamara Podemski to its talent lineup as production starts.
TORONTO - Twilight actor Kiowa Gordon, Chloe Rose and Tamara Podemski have jumped on board Lesser Blessed, Canadian writer/director Anita Doron’s coming-of-age feature from indie producer First Generation Films now shooting in Canada's north.
Gordon, who played Wolfpack member Embry Call in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn I & II, will perform opposite Benjamin Bratt, who earlier signed on as a lead in the Canadian indie project about a First Nations teenager struggling to cope with a painful past and trying to find his place in the modern world.
Doron cast in the main role newcomer Joel Evans, a 16-year old native Canadian from Fort Smith in the Northwest Territories, where the story is set.
The movie, based on the 1996 novel of the same name by Richard Van Camp, is produced by Christina Piovesan (The Whistleblower).
Alex Lalonde is on board as a co-producer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR