Twitter Bird Gets Makeover
The micro-blogging site gives its mascot, Larry, an update.
Twitter has given its mascot, Larry, a makeover -- but it's not extreme.
The micro-blogging website unveiled an altered version of the bird icon on Wednesday; New Larry is a deeper color blue, with three feathers instead of four as well as a more upward flight trajectory. He seems more serious than Old Larry.
"Our new bird grows out of love for ornithology, design within creative constraints, and simple geometry," writes Twitter's creative director Doug Bowman in a blog post. "This bird is crafted purely from three sets of overlapping circles — similar to how your networks, interests and ideas connect and intersect with peers and friends."
He adds: "Whether soaring high above the earth to take in a broad view, or flocking with other birds to achieve a common purpose, a bird in flight is the ultimate representation of freedom, hope and limitless possibility,"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!