Twitter Could Add Peter Chernin to Board of Directors (Report)
The social media company is interviewing other media bigwigs besides the producer.
Twitter is interviewing top media execs, including Hollywood producer Peter Chernin, as possible additions to its board of directors, All Things D reports.
According to the tech news website, Twitter aims to grow its relationship with the entertainment industry.
Chernin, formerly News Corp President and COO, is a prolific film and television producer (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, New Girl).
He was involved in the launch of Hulu, the TV-streaming site, and sits on the board for Pandora, the popular music-streamer.
Citing sources, All Things D relays that Chernin has made no decisions on whether to join the board at Twitter; the social media company, based in San Francisco, is in the early stages of recruiting members.
Mike McCue, founder of the social media app Flipboard, vacated his seat on Twitter's board earlier this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR