Twitter Could Add Peter Chernin to Board of Directors (Report)
The social media company is interviewing other media bigwigs besides the producer.
Twitter is interviewing top media execs, including Hollywood producer Peter Chernin, as possible additions to its board of directors, All Things D reports.
According to the tech news website, Twitter aims to grow its relationship with the entertainment industry.
Chernin, formerly News Corp President and COO, is a prolific film and television producer (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, New Girl).
He was involved in the launch of Hulu, the TV-streaming site, and sits on the board for Pandora, the popular music-streamer.
Citing sources, All Things D relays that Chernin has made no decisions on whether to join the board at Twitter; the social media company, based in San Francisco, is in the early stages of recruiting members.
Mike McCue, founder of the social media app Flipboard, vacated his seat on Twitter's board earlier this year.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David