Twitter Taps Tatiana Simonian for Music Partnerships Position
The former record label marketing manager joins the content and programming team, whose goal is to integrate Twitter with television, sports, music and entertainment.
Twitter has hired former record label marketing manager Tatiana Simonian to handle music partnerships for the company's Content and Programming team, a rep for the company confirmed to Billboard.biz. She was previously manager for social media, mobile and app campaigns for Disney Music Group and has a background in journalism and social media.
Twitter's Content and Programming team is headed by Chloe Sladden, a former vice president at Current TV. To help the department's goal of integrating Twitter with TV, news, sports, music and entertainment, her group offers resources and advice to TV producers, newsrooms and sports teams. Along with Simonian, Sladden also brought in a person for a position dedicated to newsrooms and expects to add four more positions in the next three months, according to a New York Times article that details Twitter's relationship with TV shows.
One example of how Twitter is working more closely with music companies is its partnership with the TV show The X Factor. The Simon Cowell-produced music competition will allow viewers to vote for their favorite singers once voting commences November 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!