Two Injured in Another Santa Monica Shooting Incident
Yet more gun violence occurs within blocks of Friday's massacre, leaving residents of the typically quiet neighborhood shocked and afraid.
Another random shooting in Santa Monica has residents -- nerves still very much frayed after Friday's rampage that left five innocent people and the shooter dead -- wondering just what is happening to their quiet neighborhood.
According to the Los Angeles Times, a suspect approached two men in an alley off Michigan Ave. at approximately 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday, opened fire then fled to a nearby vehicle. The two victims were brought to a nearby hospital with "multiple gunshot wounds," according to a Santa Monica Police spokesperson.
UPDATE: One victim has died, KABC reports.
The shooting occurred just blocks from Santa Monica College, where 24-year-old shooter John Zawahri had opened fire on students and faculty just four days earlier.
Police have not yet released any information about the shooter or the getaway vehicle.
The shooting follows a second instance of random gun violence in the neighborhood: On Sunday, a car pulled up to a cyclist just blocks from the burned-out home where Zawahri's killing spree began, and opened fire. The victim, in his late 20s, is in stable condition.
Law enforcement sources tell the Times there appears to be no connection between Tuesday's shooting and Friday's massacre, but are still investigating whether or not Sunday's incident -- believed to be gang-related -- and Tuesday's were linked.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack