Two joining Joseph Gordon-Levitt thriller
Michael Shannon to play villain; Jamie Chung eyeing role
Michael Shannon will play the villain in "Premium Rush," a Columbia thriller starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Jamie Chung is in negotiations to play the female lead.
"Rush" centers on a New York bike messenger (Gordon-Levitt) who picks up an envelope at Columbia University, only to be chased throughout the city by a dirty cop desperate to get his hands on it.
Shannon plays the deceptively affable cop with a violent temper. Chung would play Gordon-Levitt's ex, a fellow daredevil bike messenger who helps him outwit the cop.
David Koepp wrote the script with John Kamps and is directing. Gavin Polone is producing.
Matt Tolmach and Elizabeth Cantillon are overseeing for the studio.
Shannon, repped by CAA and Bumpy Night Entertainment Partners, appears in "Jonah Hex" and is part of the ensemble cast of HBO's "Boardwalk Empire." He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in 2008's "Revolutionary Road."
Chung, repped Gersh and 3 Arts Entertainment, appears in Columbia's Adam Sandler comedy "Grown Ups" and has Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch" in the can. Chung stars in ABC Family's "Samurai Girl."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera