'Two and a Half Men’s' Jeff Abugov Named Showrunner on New Animated Comedy
The executive producer will oversee 13-episodes on Canadian cartoon channel.
TORONTO – Two and a Half Men exec producer Jeff Abugov is to show-run the Canadian animated comedy Fugget About It from 9 Story Entertainment for
Canadian cartoon cable channel Teletoon ordered 13 half-hours of the comedy about the 16 year-old son of a former New York mob boss whose family now lives in a Canada as part of witness protection program.
Fugget About It was created by Nicholas Tabarrok and Willem Wennekers, before being kicked into shape by Abugov, a veteran Los Angeles sitcom writer.
The homegrown comedy emerged as a finalist among 200 submissions to the Teletoon at Night Pilot Project to tap the latest series ideas and concepts
from Canada’s animation community.
The Teletoon at Night pilots aired online and on Teletoon late night Sunday block "Fred at Night" before any season orders were handed out.
Teletoon plans to air Fugget About It on both its English and French-language cartoon channels here in fall 2012.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'