'Two and a Half Men’s' Jeff Abugov Named Showrunner on New Animated Comedy
The executive producer will oversee 13-episodes on Canadian cartoon channel.
TORONTO – Two and a Half Men exec producer Jeff Abugov is to show-run the Canadian animated comedy Fugget About It from 9 Story Entertainment for
Canadian cartoon cable channel Teletoon ordered 13 half-hours of the comedy about the 16 year-old son of a former New York mob boss whose family now lives in a Canada as part of witness protection program.
Fugget About It was created by Nicholas Tabarrok and Willem Wennekers, before being kicked into shape by Abugov, a veteran Los Angeles sitcom writer.
The homegrown comedy emerged as a finalist among 200 submissions to the Teletoon at Night Pilot Project to tap the latest series ideas and concepts
from Canada’s animation community.
The Teletoon at Night pilots aired online and on Teletoon late night Sunday block "Fred at Night" before any season orders were handed out.
Teletoon plans to air Fugget About It on both its English and French-language cartoon channels here in fall 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)