Two writers join Broken Lizard comedy
Robbie Pickering, Jase Ricci to work on 'Mustache Riders'
Robbie Pickering and Jase Ricci have been hired to work on the screenplay for the Broken Lizard comedy "Mustache Riders," set up at Paramount.
Johnny Knoxville is attached to star in and produce the comic Western, which Lizard regular Jay Chandrasekhar will direct. The Lizard crew -- including Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske -- originally penned the screenplay.
Bill Gerber ("Gran Torino") also is producing with Knoxville's Dickhouse Prods. ("Jackass: The Movie"), Broken Lizard and Richard Perello ("Beerfest").
Repped by Verve and Benderspink, Pickering and Ricci also have an adaptation of Gitty Daneshvari's "School of Fear" in development with producer Graham King at Warner Bros.
Broken Lizard most recently wrote, directed and produced "The Slammin' Salmon." The comedy troupe also made "Club Dread," "Super Troopers" and "Beerfest" and is in postproduction on "Freeloaders."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack