Tyler Labine joins CBS pilot 'True Love'
Tyler Labine has been tapped to star in CBS' comedy pilot "True Love," exactly two months after first being offered the role.
The multicamera "Love," from creator Matt Tarses, Sony Pictures TV and CBS TV Studios, revolves around four friends in New York, two falling in love, the other two not so much.
Jason Biggs plays kind and unassuming Henry, a lawyer who falls for a stranger (Minka Kelly) while in a long-term relationship.
Labine will play Henry's best friend, a fellow lawyer who doesn't believe in love. He replaces Dan Fogler, originally cast in the role.
For Labine, the casting is in second position to his Fox comedy series "Sons of Tucson."
In one of the first major pilot offers this season, Labine was approached at the end of January to star in "Love." With the midseason series "Tucson," on which he plays the lead, yet to premiere, he turned down the offer.
He was offered "Love" again last week, after "Tucson" launched. In its three airings, Fox's live-action comedy has underperformed in the Sunday 9:30 p.m. slot following the network's animated comedies.
It marks the second consecutive pilot the in-demand Labine has booked in second position. He was cast in "Tucson" while on the CW's "Reaper."
Labine is repped by CAA and manager Tyman Stewart.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'