Tyler Perry's Atlanta Studio Engulfed in 4-Alarm Fire
UPDATED: The cause of the Tuesday night blaze is not yet known.
Firefighters responded to a four-alarm blaze on Tuesday night at Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studio. The cause of the fire is not currently known.
The Atlanta Police Department tells The Hollywood Reporter that there are no reported injuries or deaths at this time.
According to the local Fox News affiliate, fire officials say that there was a partial collapse to one or two buildings. It is not yet known which area the fire is located. Perry was reportedly on the scene looking at the damage done to the studio.
Eyewitnesses said that they could see the fire from a distance, with some indicating that they thought it was part of a film production.
According to the studio's website, the 200,000 square-foot facility includes five sound stages and a 400-seat theater. It is located in southwest Atlanta.
A representative for Perry did not immediately return THR’s request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR