Tyler Perry to Direct, Star in 'Good Deeds' for Lionsgate
The romantic drama, which Perry wrote, centers on an engaged entrepreneur who suddenly becomes more interested in a down-on-her-luck single mother than his uptown fiance.
The prolific Tyler Perry is about to begin filming Good Deeds, a new production for Lionsgate in which he'll once again work both in front of and behind the cameras.
In addition to directing and writing the original screenplay, Perry will play the title character, Glen Deeds, in the romantic drama about a successful entrepreneur who's about to get married when he suddenly finds himself more interested in a down-on-her-luck single mother than his uptown fiance.
The production begins filming at the end of April in Atlanta and is being produced by Tyler Perry Studios and Lionsgate.
Meanwhile, Perry's latest film for Lionsgate, Madea's Big Happy Family, is scheduled to open nationwide April 22. Perry, repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham's Matt Johnson, has also been tapped to play the detective Alex Cross in QED International's I, Alex Cross, based on the novel by James Patterson.
Lionsgate's Wayne Levin and Wendy Jaffe negotiated the deal on behalf of the studio.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR