Tyler Perry Headed to 'The Marriage Counselor'
Lionsgate has set a tentative date of October 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry's 13th film with the studio.
Lionsgate is heading into production on its newest Tyler Perry project, The Marriage Counselor. The studio has set a tentative date of October 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry's 13th film with the company.
Counselor is adapted from Perry's tenth play, which began touring in 2008. It explores the deteriorating relationship of a married couple -- an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor -- after his displaced father and her displaced mother move in. No cast has yet been set, nor is there a release date.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005. The studio will release Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds in February.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR