Tyne Daly Signs With Innovative (Exclusive)
The Tony-winning actress will star in “Mothers and Sons” on Broadway next spring.
Tyne Daly has signed with Innovative in all areas, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The stage and screen veteran, who won a lead actress Tony for Gypsy in 1990, will return to Broadway next spring in the Terrence McNally play Mothers and Sons. Daly’s last Broadway appearance also was in a McNally production; she portrayed Maria Callas in Master Class in 2011.
On screen, Daly is best known for her role as Detective Mary Beth Lacey in the female cop drama Cagney & Lacey, which ran for seven seasons on CBS and won Daly four Emmy awards for outstanding lead actress. She later won two supporting Emmys for the drama series Christy and Judging Amy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws