Tyne Daly Signs With Innovative (Exclusive)
The Tony-winning actress will star in “Mothers and Sons” on Broadway next spring.
Tyne Daly has signed with Innovative in all areas, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The stage and screen veteran, who won a lead actress Tony for Gypsy in 1990, will return to Broadway next spring in the Terrence McNally play Mothers and Sons. Daly’s last Broadway appearance also was in a McNally production; she portrayed Maria Callas in Master Class in 2011.
On screen, Daly is best known for her role as Detective Mary Beth Lacey in the female cop drama Cagney & Lacey, which ran for seven seasons on CBS and won Daly four Emmy awards for outstanding lead actress. She later won two supporting Emmys for the drama series Christy and Judging Amy.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!