Tyra Banks Forecasts the Future: 5 Predictions, Decoded
According to her recent Wall Street Journal op-ed, the model believes we'll all look like her or Beyonce in the future. Uh, ok.
In case you're wondering what beauty will look like in the future, America's Next Top Model host, smizing guru and apparent fortune teller Tyra Banks laid out her predictions in a recent op-ed for The Wall Street Journal, in celebration of the newspaper's 125th anniversary.
From her (somewhat alarming and equally ridiculous) visions, here are a few highlights:
1. Beyonce and Rihanna are the face of the future, literally. Banks explains, "Typical features and coloring will lean toward a Rihanna or Beyonce or me kind of look." Hey, with their curves, we'll take it.
2. Hair extensions won't exist anymore, so, "If one wants longer locks, a hair-growing serum is applied to the scalp, and the length and thickness of the hair will increase in 24 hours." Sounds like celebrities won't have to cough up more than $4,000 for custom weaves anymore.
3. Robots will be our greatest companions, since "[they] will be able to sense if its owner is having a low-self-esteem day and will then strategically give boosts of confidence to its owner." It'll be able to say things like, "'Wow, Eloisa! Your eyes look especially lovely today.'"
4. Instead of plastic surgery, we'll be able to take ingestibles that "will give instant, yet temporary results: contoured cheekbones, rosy cheeks, arched eyebrows." #Flawless we'll be.
5. Also, she believes "women, in control of when they can have children (up to age 120!), and having more degrees and education than men, will be in charge." Who run the world? Girls.
Check out Banks' complete list here. You've been warned.