U2's Bono Taken to Hospital, Denies Heart Scare Rumors
A spokeswoman for the singer says it was a "routine" visit and that he's "in good health and enjoying a family holiday in the south of France."
LONDON - U2 frontman Bono has denied rumors that he was rushed to hospital in Monaco after a heart scare last week.
The 51-year old singer, who performed last month at Glastonbury and recently completed a world tour of 30 countries was reportedly ordered to rest by doctors after suffering chest pains on Wednesday, according to the Irish Independent newspaper.
But a spokesman for the singer told Reuters that the singer was well and healthy, and that his visit to hospital in the tiny South of France principality Monaco had simply been routine.
"Despite press stories to the contrary, Bono has not suffered a recent health scare. Reports of his being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment are untrue. Bono is in good health and enjoying a family holiday in the south of France."
The singer and political activist has suffered from a number of injury related issues during the two decades when U2 have been among the biggest bands touring the world. He sustained serious shoulder injury during the 1990s Rattle and Hum tour after falling off a walkway, and last year had surgery for a back injury which forced the band to withdraw from its 2010 Glastonbury headline appearance and a string of North American performances.
U2's tour was postponed after Bono underwent back surgery in the spring.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lea Michele Talks Girl-On-Girl Hate And Why She's Proud To Be A Woman
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton