Ubisoft Toronto Orders New Transmedia For 'Splinter Cell' Franchise
The Canadian studio has tapped Jeff Gomez's Starlight Runner Entertainment to juice its video game property with cross-platform storytelling.
TORONTO – Video game studio Ubisoft Toronto has tapped Jeff Gomez's Starlight Runner Entertainment to juice its Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise with transmedia extensions.
New York-based Starlight will help build out the Splinter Cell mythology for upcoming Splinter Cell video games, the Splinter Cell Blacklist Aftermath novel, and the Echoes comic book.
The graphic novel is a spinoff from the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist video game, set to be released this month.
The transmedia backstory work is being done in Toronto under the supervision of Jade Raymond, managing director of Ubisoft Toronto.
The work will include fleshing out Splinter Cell franchise hero Sam Fisher, while adding core story elements and characters.
“We were impressed by Starlight Runner’s work on major franchise properties including Avatar, Halo and Men in Black,” said Raymond, as she underlined the collaboration with Gomez and his creative team.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR