UFC Eyes Stake in G4 Network
The mixed martial arts company has also talked to other channels ahead of the expiration of its current deal with Viacom's Spike.
NEW YORK - Mixed martial arts producer Ultimate Fighting Championship has held talks to buy a controlling stake in NBCUniversal's G4 cable network, sources confirmed a report by The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday.
A source familiar with the situation said UFC has also talked to other networks ahead of the expiration of its current content deal with Viacom's Spike network. UFC also offers regular pay per view events. Talks are at an early stage, the person said.
UFC and G4 officials declined comment.
A deal for G4, which targets young men, would give UFC its own distribution outlet for its bouts. Comcast took control of NBCUniversal in late January.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR