'The Artist's' Uggie Becomes First Dog to Leave Pawprints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
The canine arrived in a fire truck before being immortalized in cement Monday in Hollywood.
Every dog has its day -- and Monday belonged to Uggie.
The canine star of the Oscar-winning film The Artist became the first dog to put its paw prints in cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
Uggie arrived in a fire truck, while Duff Goldman, the pastry chef featured on Food Network’s Ace of Cakes, also was on hand, bringing with him a cake in the shape of a fire hydrant.
The Jack Russell terrier joined a long list of celebrities, including Johnny Depp, Marilyn Monroe and Fred Astaire, with hand and foot prints in the courtyard of the famed Hollywood tourist spot.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, which is releasing The Artist on Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday, hosted the event, which was billed as a retirement party.
The Artist won the best picture trophy at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
Uggie's other film credits include Mr. Fix It, 'Wassup Rockers and Water for Elephants.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR