U.K. Channel 4Music to Air 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' for British TV Debut
CBS aired the lingerie special, filmed in New York with performances by Taylor Swift and Fall Out Boy, earlier this month.
LONDON – U.K. channel 4Music, a joint venture between British broadcaster Channel 4 and publishing and media group Bauer, has secured the British TV debut for The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
The lingerie special, which aired on CBS in the U.S. earlier this month, featured turns by Taylor Swift and Fall Out Boy, while indie pop band A Great Big World and U.K. newcomers Neon Jungle also rocked the runway.
4Music was trumpeting the deal to air the show on its channel on Thursday evening which airs across Freeview platforms, satellite broadcaster Sky and cable operator Virgin as well as online.
The joint venture said the deal with allow British viewers to "re-live the hottest night in U.S. television" offering a chance to "witness gorgeous models, pure entertainment and music."
It is the first time the famous show has aired on British screens.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack