U.K.'s Channel 5 Hires Ben Frow as Programming Head
He returns to the commercial network to oversee all content and creative operations.
LONDON – U.K. TV network operator Channel 5 has named Ben Frow director of programs.
Frow, a former Channel 5 controller of features and entertainment, returns to the Northern and Shell-owned TV company to oversee all content and creative operations, including commissioning and acquisitions.
He will start his new role at Channel 5, home to the Dallas reboot, in February, reporting to recently elevated COO Paul Dunthorne.
Frow will return to the Channel 5 fold from Irish broadcaster TV3, where he is currently director of programming. In that role, he has been responsible for all programming, scheduling, promotions and original production for the channel for the past five years.
In addition to growing audience share at TV3, Frow is credited with launching the TV3Productions content production business and growing digital channel 3e.
While at Channel 5 between 2004 and 2007, Frow developed such shows as The Diet Doctors, The Hotel Inspector, The Farm, Cosmetic Surgery Live and The Joan Rivers Position.
Prior to that, he spent five years at Channel 4, including as head of factual entertainment and features, developing shows such as Ramsay¹s Kitchen Nightmares, Property Ladder and Jamie's Kitchen.
Frow said about re-joining Channel 5: "We have unfinished business!"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'