U.K. Commercials Director Steve Reeves to Make Movie Debut With 'Taking Life'
Reeves, whose resume boasts a YouTube lingerie ad hit starring Kylie Minogue, will direct the female-led thriller from a script by Mike Oughton.
LONDON – Award-winning British commercials director Steve Reeves is to make his feature directorial debut with Taking Life, a thriller being brought to the screen by the producer team behind the upcoming curry comedy Jadoo.
Reeves is gearing up to direct the project written by commercials copywriter Mike Oughton, who is marking his first film script.
Reeves' commercials resume boasts one of the most memorable ads for men of a certain age having directed one for high-end British lingerie label Agent Provocateur starring popstar Kylie Minogue, a work that posted more than 360 million hits on YouTube.
He also has directed a slew of BBC trails for the public broadcaster's channels.
The movie details the story of a woman who, finding herself passed over at work for a promotion, goes home and takes her rage out on an innocent employee with devastating consequences.
Richard Holmes and Isabelle Georgeaux are producing for U.K. production banner AIR Productions, the duo's third collaboration.
Holmes told THR the movie is casting with filming scheduled for March next year for six weeks on location in the British capital.
Holmes and Georgeaux are currently delivering Amit Gupta’s sophmore movie, Jadoo, to U.K. sales, finance and distribution banner Intandem for a British release in March 2013.
The duo were also behind Gupta’s 2011 debut Resistance starring Andrea Riseborough and Michael Sheen, a movie which saw Sharon Morgan win best actress at this year’s BAFTA Cymru awards in Wales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram