U.K.’s Slim Film + Television Gets First Commission
Launched in November 2011, Slim Film + Television creates high-end drama, scripted comedy and international co-productions.
Slim Film + Television, the independent production company set up by Simon Crawford Collins, has won its first commission, producing a Cold War drama.
Legacy, a single film for BBC Two, is a spy thriller set during the height of the Cold War in 1970s London. The 90-minute film tells the story of a young spy, Charles Thoroughgood, who discovers the disturbing truth about his father’s past.
The production, from a screenplay by Paula Milne (Endgame, The Politician’s Husband) based on Alan Judd’s novel, was commissioned by Ben Stephenson and Janice Hadlow for BBC Two. The film is executive produced by Collins, Milne and Judd for Slim Film + Television and Lucy Richer for the BBC. Legacy will be directed by Pete Travis (Dredd, Endgame, Omagh) and produced by Rob Bullock (Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Case Sensitive). Rebecca Ferguson (Spooks) will be Script Executive.
BBC Worldwide is the international rights holder of the drama and will be distributing it worldwide. Legacy will be part of a season of BBC Two programs exploring the history of the Cold War.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR