U.K Supermarket Tesco Moves into Video on Demand With BlinkBox Deal
The world's No. 3 retailer has acquired 80% of the VOD firm in bid to take on Amazon's LoveFilm.
LONDON -- U.K. supermarket giant Tesco, the world's No.3 retailer, has bought a majority stake in British video-on-demand firm blinkbox, a day after it pledged to up its game by revamping its products and becoming more innovative, according to The Guardian.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR