U.K. TV Producer Dragonfly Hires Factual Entertainment Chief
The company behind "One Born Every Minute" names former Channel 4 exec Tamara Abood as head of factual entertainment.
LONDON -- U.K. production company Dragonfly Film and Television has hired indie high-flier Tamara Abood to head up its factual entertainment division.
Abood joins Dragonfly in October from U.K TV banner TwoFour Entertainment where she was head of Factual.
In her new role Abood will report to creative director Simon Dickson tasked with building the indie’s growing slate.
Dragonfly managing director Sanjay Singhal described Abood as "a big-hitting program maker."Added Singhai: "She has solid journalistic credibility and a fantastic instinct for attention grabbing television."
Abood's resume at TwoFour boasts forthcoming BBC3 Series Be Your Own Boss.
She has also served at Channel 4 in various roles including commissioning editor in features and news and current affairs.
Other program credits include Bad Lads Army for ITV2, Emmy – award winning Brat Camp and BAFTA-nominated That’ll Teach ‘Em.
Dragonfly’s credits include the BAFTA-award winning One Born Every Minute (Channel 4/Lifetime/TF1), The Family (Channel 4), Young, Rich and House Hunting (BBC3), The Hotel (Channel 4) World’s Toughest Truckers (Channel 5/Discovery) and Bear Grylls: Wild Weekends.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!