U.K.'s High Point Media Establishes Distribution Division
High Point Home Entertainment also sets sights on theatrical releasing.
LONDON – U.K. sales, production and finance banner High Point Media Group, headed by Carey Fitzgerald, is debuting its own home entertainment distribution division.
Named High Point Home Entertainment, the label is being set up to specialize in the DVD roll out of world cinema and feature length documentaries here in the U.K.
The company said it plans to expand from DVD into all rights releasing which would potentially include theatrical campaigns.
First out of the block under the new label will be Hanro Smitsman’s debut feature Skin, set for DVD release later this month.
High Point will also release Kay Mellor’s TV drama A Passionate Woman, starring Billie Piper, on DVD in the U.K., to tie in with the tour of the play from which it was adapted.
Elisar Cabrera, currently sales and marketing chief at High Point, is charged with heading the new distribution division.
He will also sit on the board of directors, alongside managing director Carey Fitzgerald and director Julie Delaney. Ronald de Neef has been appointed as non executive chairman.
“High Point Home Entertainment is a natural progression for us, so it’s fitting that someone so in tune with High Point’s DNA is at its head,” said Fitzgerald.
Launched in 1990 by Fitzgerald, High Point Media consists of four divisions: High Point Films, High Point Television, High Point Productions and the freshly created High Point Home Entertainment.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical