U.K.'s ITV Orders Second Season of 'Mr Selfridge' With Jeremy Piven
The period drama, in which the star plays U.S. retail mogul Harry Selfridge, will return next year with 10 new episodes.
ITV said Friday that it has ordered a second season of period drama Mr Selfridge, starring Jeremy Piven.
It cited its ratings success.
Since launching in January, Mr Selfridge has achieved a peak episode audience of 9.4 million viewers, making it the most watched new ITV drama series since Scott and Bailey in May 2011. It is currently averaging 8.5 million consolidated viewers.
In the 10 episodes of the second season, to be produced by ITV Studios, Piven will reprise his role as flamboyant American retail entrepreneur Harry Gordon Selfridge.
"Set in 1914 in the run up to the Great War, Harry Selfridge has made his mark and established his iconic store, bringing life to the dead end of Oxford Street and revolutionizing shopping in London," ITV said. "Harry’s pioneering ideas and spectacular events have made Selfridge’s a thriving success. However, the onset of war, set to be the greatest and most devastating in history, touches the lives of everyone in the store."
Shooting will begin in April on location in Greater London and Kent. The second season will air on ITV next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!