U.K.'s Metrodome enters film production
Live action fantasy thriller 'Dragon Fire' is first project
LONDON -- A live action fantasy thriller starring Vinnie Jones and Danny Glover directed by Ryan Little named "Dragon Fire" will kickstart U.K. indie Metrodome Distribution's production arm ambitions.
The distributor is branching out into production with Cinedome and Little's project -- the first to light up the startup division.
Based on the classic story of "Moby Dick," the $5 million-budgeted movie is written by McKay Daines and begins shooting this week in Utah. It will be a joint production between Metrodome CEO Peter Urie and U.S. production and sales outfit Koan Productions.
Metrodome will distribute in the U.K. and Ireland and will hold an equity stake in the movie worldwide, in addition to co-producing the film.
Urie said: "This new production venture forms part of our growth plans in which we [at Metrodome] intend to build additional revenue streams for the company to enhance our successful U.K. distribution operations".
Metrodome's chief has an extensive resume in television production including stints making programs for the BBC and ITV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing