Uma Thurman shacks up with 'Bel Ami'
To star opposite 'Twilight' actor Robert Pattinson
Uma Thurman will soon be making time with Rob Pattinson.
The actress has signed to star opposite the "Twilight" star in an adaptation of Guy de Maupassant's short story "Bel Ami."
Kristin Scott Thomas also has joined the cast.
"Ami" tells of George Duroy (Pattinson), a young journalist who rose from poverty to become one of the most successful men in Paris via the ruthless and calculating bedding of the city's most glamorous and influential women.
Thurman plays the wife of Duroy's friend, a woman who is extremely involved and connected in the goings-on of Parisian society. She helps Duroy in his ascent, later becoming his wife.
Thomas plays a socialite who falls for Duroy, becoming clingy in the process.
London theater director Declan Donnellan is making his film debut on "Ami," which Uberto Pasolini is producing through his shingle Redwave Films. Simon Fuller of 19 Entertainment is executive producing.
The movie is scheduled to shoot next year in Paris.
It had been erroneously reported that Nicole Kidman would star with Pattinson. Kidman had an offer, but a deal never got made.
Thurman, repped by CAA, next plays Medusa in Fox's "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief."
Thomas, also repped by CAA, most recently starred in "Nowhere Boy."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR