UMG Is Market Leader in 2010; Katy Perry Has Top Song; Album Sales Tumble
11:51 AM PST 1/5/2011 by Ed Christman
Album sales dipped 12.8% last year, while the digital realm is slow to grow. So what else is new? Billboard looks at the 2010 numbers, and it's not a pretty picture.
As expected, the year-end Nielsen SoundScan numbers once again tell a tale of an industry in turmoil.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile