Unified Pictures Inks Three-Picture Deal with Bron Studios
Pact starts with the comedy 'A Millions Reasons.'
Unified Pictures, the Los Angeles-based production, sales and finance banner has sealed a three-picture deal with Canadian production and finance outfit Bron Studios beginning with comedy A Million Reasons, written and directed by Michael A. Nickles.
Unified will handle production and foreign sales on all three pictures while
Bron will co-produce and finance the slate.
A Million Reasons follows a down-on-his-luck young man on a desperate quest to unlock a memory, an obsession, which turns his life upside-down in surprising ways. Production is scheduled to begin in Vancouver in January 2011. Unified Pictures founder Keith Kjarval and Bron Studios chief Aaron L. Gilbert will produce. Kjarval and Gilbert announced the three picture pact.
Unified Pictures and Bron Studios first teamed together with Industrial Entertainment to finance and produce Janie Jones starring Abigail Breslin, Alessandro Nivola and Elizabeth Shue, which debuted at this year's Toronto International Film Festival. Media House Capital, also a co-financier of Janie Jones, will finance A Million Reasons with Unified and Bron.
The two other, as of yet unnamed, film projects are expected be in the $5 million-$10 million budget range.
Unified Pictures' sales slate at the AFM includes teen comedy Cherry and Janie Jones, which is a co-production between Unified Pictures and David Lynch's Absurda.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama