The Unique Agony of the Model/Actress
Despite a public reflexively rooting against her, SI cover girl Brooklyn Decker hopes to follow the path of Halle Berry and Cameron Diaz (and not Cindy Crawford) with her new movie.
Brooklyn Decker may be one of the more famous models in the world, but she makes a point of not acting like one. She speaks quickly and straightforwardly in a voice filled with enthusiasm and calls herself out when she says something cheesy or cliched (like how she’s learning to “peel back the layers” of a character). She dresses in a way that hides her figure — today it’s a draping flannel sweater over a plain white shirt and blue jeans — and makes the jarring claim that she’s “not a sexy person at all.” She doesn’t hesitate to talk through a mouthful of food at a table in front of Charlie’s at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles on a recent morning. Her self-deprecation has the whiff of the real.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR