Unique Features' Michael Lynne Joins Imax Boardroom
The giant screen exhibitor is looking to the former New Line Cinema co-CEO to "bring valuable industry insight and expertise," according to an SEC filing.
TORONTO -- Former New Line Cinema co-CEO Michael Lynne has joined the Imax boardroom.
The giant screen exhibitor in an 8K SEC filing made public Tuesday said the Unique Features principal was voted in as a director on July 24.
"The company believes that Mr. Lynne’s experience as a senior executive of a number of entertainment and film production companies, as well as his extensive board experience, will bring valuable industry insight and expertise to the board’s deliberations in these areas," the SEC filing stated.
Lynne and Bob Shaye co-founded Unique Features after losing the reins at New Line in 2008.
While at New Line, Lynne executive produced a number of box office performers like The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Lynne and Shaye are also executive producing The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which arrives in Imax theaters in North America on August 21.
He will serve as an independent director on the Imax board, and be paid $50,000 annually for his services.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack