Unique Features' Michael Lynne Joins Imax Boardroom
The giant screen exhibitor is looking to the former New Line Cinema co-CEO to "bring valuable industry insight and expertise," according to an SEC filing.
TORONTO -- Former New Line Cinema co-CEO Michael Lynne has joined the Imax boardroom.
The giant screen exhibitor in an 8K SEC filing made public Tuesday said the Unique Features principal was voted in as a director on July 24.
"The company believes that Mr. Lynne’s experience as a senior executive of a number of entertainment and film production companies, as well as his extensive board experience, will bring valuable industry insight and expertise to the board’s deliberations in these areas," the SEC filing stated.
Lynne and Bob Shaye co-founded Unique Features after losing the reins at New Line in 2008.
While at New Line, Lynne executive produced a number of box office performers like The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Lynne and Shaye are also executive producing The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which arrives in Imax theaters in North America on August 21.
He will serve as an independent director on the Imax board, and be paid $50,000 annually for his services.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!