Universal, Bigpoint Unveil ‘Monsters Online’ Multiplayer Game
The game allows players to take on the roles of classic movie monsters Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolfman.
COLOGNE, Germany – Universal and German-based games company Bigpoint have unveiled the first screenshots and details of Universal Monsters Online, a free-to-play game in which players can take on the roles of iconic Universal movie monsters including Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf Man.
Bigpoint has begun beta testing on the game, which is set to launch this summer. Like all of Bigpoint’s properties, it will be free to play and earn revenue by charging users for in-game items.
The Universal Monsters game is only the latest Hollywood tie-up for Bigpoint. The company has produced free online games based on the Battlestar Galactica and The Mummy and is developing a massive multiplayer online role-playing game with HBO based on the premium cable network’s fantasy series Game of Thrones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR