Universal Boards Seth MacFarlane’s 'A Million Ways to Die in the West'
The move repeats the partnership forged with MRC on the MacFarlane hit "Ted."
Universal Pictures has come on board to co-finance with MRC and distribute Seth MacFarlane’s Western comedy A Million Ways to Die in the West.
The move repeats the partnership forged on the MacFarlane hit Ted.
Million Ways will be released in North America on May 30, 2014. Universal also will distribute the film worldwide.
MacFarlane co-wrote and will direct and produce the film about a cowardly sheep farmer who backs out of a gunfight, prompting his fickle girlfriend to leave him for another man. When a mysterious and beautiful woman rides into town, she helps him find his courage, and they begin to fall in love. But when her husband, a notorious outlaw, arrives seeking revenge, the farmer must put his newfound courage to the test. Wellesley Wild and Alec Sulkin also penned the screenplay.
The film's cast includes Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, Sarah Silverman, Giovanni Ribisi and Neil Patrick Harris.
Ted producers Scott Stuber and Jason Clark are producing Million Ways.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR