Universal Buys Pitch From 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Paula Pell (Exclusive)
Universal has preemptively picked up an untitled comedy pitch from longtime Saturday Night Live writer Paula Pell with Tina Fey attached to produce via her Little Stranger Inc. banner.
Fey, who is not attached to star to the pitch, goes way back with Pell, who joined the SNL staff in the mid-1990s and worked on many of Fey's signature sketches. Pell has also written several 30 Rock episodes and appears on the show as a recurring character named Paula Hornberger.
Little is being revealed about the pitch although it will be based on Pell's childhood diaries.
Universal's Erik Baiers and Maradith Frenkel will oversee the project for the studio.
"Paula Pell is one of the funniest people I've ever met and I look forward to helping her turn into a real showbiz creep," said Fey.
Pell and Fey are repped WME. Fey is additionally repped by 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Cliff Gilbert-Lurie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR