Universal Circling Vince Vaughn Relationship Comedy 'Insane Laws' (Exclusive)
Script was written by "The Break-Up" scribe Jeremy Garelick.
Universal is in negotiations to pick up The Insane Laws, a relationship comedy from writer-director Jeremy Garelick, out of turnaround from Columbia.
The project will act as a starring vehicle for Vince Vaughn, who is based at Universal with his Wild West Picture Show banner, and would reteam the comedic actor with the man who co-wrote his 2006 hit, The Break-Up.
Based a bit on Garelick’s own life, Insane Laws focuses on two best friends and how their lives are impacted when their grown children fall in love, with one man's daughter becoming pregnant by his best friend's son.
Columbia picked up the script in a hefty seven-figure deal back in 2009, with Garelick, who broke into the business as an assistant to Joel Shumacher before going to make a name for himself in the writing world, on board to make his directorial debut.
Neal Moritz and his Original Films banner remain on board as producers as Insane Laws jumps from Culver City to Universal City.
Vaughn, repped by CAA and attorney Deborah Klein, is coming off his latest relationship pic, The Dilemma.
Garelick is repped by UTA, Principato/Young and attorney Todd Rubenstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR