Universal Sets Release Date for 'Despicable Me' Spin-Off Project
The untitled minions project will be out in theaters December 2014.
Universal Pictures announced Tuesday that its Untitled Minions Project, a spin-off from its successful Despicable Me franchise, will be released Dec. 19, 2014.
Despicable Me, from Illumination Entertainment, grossed $543 million worldwide when it was released in 2010, and a sequel Despicable Me 2 will hit theaters next summer on July 3, 2013.
Although a plot line hasn't been revealed for the spin-off movie, it will focus on the little yellow creatures that have proven so popular.
The 3D-CG comedy adventure will be produced by Illumination’s Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy and will be directed by Pierre Coffin. Brian Lynch has written the screenplay, which will be co-directed by Kyle Balda. Chris Renaud will serve as executive producer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws