Universal Sets Release Date for 'Despicable Me' Spin-Off Project
The untitled minions project will be out in theaters December 2014.
Universal Pictures announced Tuesday that its Untitled Minions Project, a spin-off from its successful Despicable Me franchise, will be released Dec. 19, 2014.
Despicable Me, from Illumination Entertainment, grossed $543 million worldwide when it was released in 2010, and a sequel Despicable Me 2 will hit theaters next summer on July 3, 2013.
Although a plot line hasn't been revealed for the spin-off movie, it will focus on the little yellow creatures that have proven so popular.
The 3D-CG comedy adventure will be produced by Illumination’s Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy and will be directed by Pierre Coffin. Brian Lynch has written the screenplay, which will be co-directed by Kyle Balda. Chris Renaud will serve as executive producer.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least