Universal Pictures Takes 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' for Italy
The distribution deal expands the studio's relationship releasing Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment pics in the European market.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Lionsgate has inked a deal with Universal Pictures that hands the studio the distribution rights in Italy to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
The deal expands Lionsgate’s relationship with Universal Pictures after earlier releases of the Step Up franchise, What to Expect When You're Expecting and The Cabin in the Woods in Italy.
Universal Pictures now gets the next installment of the Hunger Games franchise.
The agreement was unveiled by Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will go into production in September, ahead of a worldwide release on November 22, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR