Universal Pictures Takes 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' for Italy
The distribution deal expands the studio's relationship releasing Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment pics in the European market.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Lionsgate has inked a deal with Universal Pictures that hands the studio the distribution rights in Italy to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
The deal expands Lionsgate’s relationship with Universal Pictures after earlier releases of the Step Up franchise, What to Expect When You're Expecting and The Cabin in the Woods in Italy.
Universal Pictures now gets the next installment of the Hunger Games franchise.
The agreement was unveiled by Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will go into production in September, ahead of a worldwide release on November 22, 2013.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills